Tuesday 27 January 2015

Memories

I am such a sentimental person. I will keep anything that I believe has a memory attached to it. That why this year I want to do a few more things to look back on and remember all of those memories.

Starting off with journaling. It's  something I've wanted to do for absolutely ages now. I just never got around to buying an actual journal.
At the beginning of this year I went out into town and brought myself just a simple purple note book. Just because I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a book that I wasn't even sure I was going to write in. 
I told myself that I would write in this book everyday of 2015.... Yeah that didn't happen. I wrote in the journal on the first day of the year and haven't wrote in the book since.
I've been beating myself up about it, but now I'm thinking that I should just write in it when I feel like it. I shouldn't force myself to write something everyday.
So that's what I'm doing, I'm writing in the book when I want to and when I have time too. 

As well as my purple notebook, I got gifted a listography for Christmas by my dearest friend Sian. So I've started to fill that out. That way at the end of the year or anytime I can look back on the lists; seeing what I put as my favourite TV shows of all time were at the time. Or what the best moments in my life were or are going to be.
I really want to get more of these listographys, I think they are so fun and such a good thing to look back on. 
They also make really good gifts.
This is my listography 

I also have a photo album which I am determined to fill up with pictures of me and my friends. I really want to take more photos this year and what better way to look back on them than putting them all in an album. Rather than having them on my phone and forgetting I have them, I seem to do that a lot. I see photo albums as a form of journaling.

I would also love to start a scrap book to keep all my gig tickets and other memories in. We'll see about that one. I would love to because I have a Polaroid camera and I'm running out of room on my wall to hang them up. It would be nice to stick some in a scrapbook. The thing holding me back with this one is I don't think I'm creative enough. 
My Polaroid wall.

This part of my room makes me the happiest. When I look up at it I remember the memories behind each picture. I love the quote too. It's from the song "The Glass" by The Story so far. I love that it reminds me that I have these amazing memories, with these amazing people in my life.
It makes me really thankful for what I have every time I look up at it. I thought I'd add it because this is my favourite thing to look at and remember memories. 

Anyway the point I've been trying to make throughout this blog post is that it's important to have memories and thoughts to look back on. To help you remember what thoughts and memories made you into the person you are. However you can force yourself to write down things or stick things in a book. Find a way that works for you because it is amazing to see how things have changed over time. 

Do any of you have a journal? 
Do you journal in any different ways that I should know about? 
How do you look back on memories?

Thanks for reading! 

Jay x

1 comment: